In order to complete any kind of money transaction (domestically or internationally), the customer will be required to have the bank’s routing number. It can be easily found on a check Where to Find on a Check NBT Routing Number : 021303618 How to Wire Money If you have a NBT Bank online banking […]
Secure Login In order to login into your NBT Bank online banking account, go to the bank’s homepage and find the login area located on the left upper side of the page. Select the account type underneath the ‘Account Login’ section on the homepage (as shown on the image below). Choose between the following account types that […]
NBT Bank – it history started in 1856. It was founded in Norwich, New York, where it still headquartered. It counts with more than 90 all over New York.
- Find Branch Locations and Hours
- Website – www.nbtbank.com
- Customer Service Telephone – 1 (800) 628-2265
- Routing Number – 021303618
- Swift Number – NBT does not makes part of SWIFT network
NBT Online Banker
NBT Online Banker is designed to make banking flexible and convenient. You can bank where you want, when you want, 24 hours a day seven days a week. The following are just some of the features that you’ll experience with NBT Online Banker:
- View your account history and balances
- Enroll in eStatements to quickly and securely view your account statements
- Pay bills
- Manage your complete financial picture with the Personal Financial Management Tool
- Receive alerts via email if your account balance goes above or below a customizable amount
- Set up security alerts and personal reminders
- Use Web Connect to download account information into Quicken® and QuickBooks® 2010*
- Re-order checks and request a stop payment
- Enjoy the convenience of free access to NBT Bank Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit.**
- Move funds in your NBT Bank accounts to accounts at other U.S. financial institutions with External Account Transfers.
- Send, request and receive money using the person-to-person payment tool Popmoney®.
*The Web Connect feature can be used with the desktop versions of Quicken® and QuickBooks®. To purchase the desktop software or an upgrade at a discount, use the links above.
We combine experienced community bankers with the convenience of technology.
Since opening our doors in 1856, we have remained committed to providing our customers with superior banking services and helping to make the communities we serve a better place to live and work. We also believe that our greatest competitive advantage remains our people. Through their dedication we are able to enhance our ability to serve customers through relationship building, personalized banking solutions, local decision making and commitment to community initiatives.
As technology continues to change our world, consumer behavior is constantly evolving to keep pace. The expertise of our employees allows us to offer convenient services that are tailored to meet the needs of our customers. Services like Enhanced Deposit ATMs that enable customers to make deposits quickly and easily without a deposit slip; cashless, card payment options for in store or in app purchases using a mobile device; and a robust mobile banking platform with mobile deposit are just a few examples of our commitment to continue expanding digital service options for our customers.
Tradition of Community Service
Throughout our history we have supported numerous organizations and causes. In addition to financial support, NBT Bank employees contribute time and expertise to many local committees and boards. Community Involvement is a core value for NBT Bank and our staff. Employees are encouraged and empowered to volunteer and be a resource to their community. If something is important to the community, you’ll likely find the people of NBT Bank involved in and supporting the effort through time, money or resources.
NBT Bank operates through a network of more than 150 banking locations with offices in New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. We know our customers, communities and the people in them and are proud to be a partner helping them reach their goals.
NBT Bank History
NBT Bancorp is a financial services holding company with its roots firmly planted in community banking. Headquartered in Norwich, N.Y., we have a proud heritage of building long-term financial relationships with individuals, businesses and organizations of all sizes and remain dedicated to delivering high-quality service to customers and long-term value to stockholders.
NBT Bancorp is listed on NASDAQ as NBTB. Our employees, management and directors share a commitment to the success of our company and to serving the mutual interests of our customers and shareholders. This commitment is reflected in our performance. Our company has made uninterrupted dividend payments since 1857.
The company primarily operates through NBT Bank, N.A., a full-service community bank, and through two financial services companies. NBT Bank, N.A. has more than 150 banking locations with offices in New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine. EPIC Retirement Plan Services, based in Rochester, N.Y., is a full-service 401(k) plan recordkeeping firm. NBT Insurance Agency, LLC, based in Norwich, N.Y., is a full-service insurance agency.
NBT Bank is an independent, community bank based in Norwich, N.Y. We trace our roots back to 1856 when a group of business leaders in Norwich saw a need for additional banking resources in the community and came together to form a bank. We have a proud heritage of building long-term financial relationships with individuals, businesses and organizations, agricultural operations and local governments.
In 2016, we published an updated history of NBT to commemorate our 160th anniversary. This publication, NBT Bank: A History of Growth and Change (1856 – 2016), is available for download.
NBT Bank was rated the #1 bank in New York State on Forbes 2019 World’s Best Banks list released earlier this month. This is the first time Forbes has recognized the World’s Best Banks based solely on consumer feedback.
“Selection of NBT by Forbes as one of the World’s Best Banks is affirmation that the best team in community banking continues to provide our customers a great experience,” said NBT Bank President and CEO John H. Watt, Jr. “There are 60 U.S. banks on that list, and NBT came in at number 14! NBT Bank has consistently appeared on local, regional and national ‘Best Banks’ lists, including 2018 recognitions by Consumer Reports and MONEY Magazine. Our entire team of 1,900 employees is incredibly proud.”
Forbes surveyed more than 40,000 customers around the globe for their opinions on their current and former banking relationships. The banks were rated on overall recommendation and satisfaction, as well as five subdimensions: trust, terms and conditions, customer services, digital services and financial advice.
On the Forbes 2019 World’s Best Banks list, NBT is ranked #14 in the United States. In addition to being the highest-rank bank in New York State, NBT is also the top-ranked bank in Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine and in Northeastern Pennsylvania. To view the U.S. banks on the list, visit www.forbes.com/worlds-best-banks and select “United States” from the drop-down menu.
NBT Bank Security
With incidents of fraud and identity theft growing in number and sophistication, security counts more than ever. NBT Bank is committed to helping you keep your finances and identity safe. In our Fraud Information Center you’ll find the latest information, tips and resources to help you do just that. Click the boxes below to learn more.
Security starts with you. In the face of increasing threats to your identity and personal information, taking a few simple steps can go a long way in protecting yourself. Click the headings below to learn what you can do.
Secure Your Computer
Below are some steps you can take to secure your computer to help protect your information.
Equip your computer with:
- Comprehensive spyware and virus-protection software.
- Up-to-date browser software.
- Firewall software that prevents unauthorized users from gaining access to your computer or monitoring transfers of information to and from the computer.
Be sure to download software or applications from well-known or trusted sources. You should download and install any operating system and software updates (sometimes called patches or service packs) in a timely manner.
Monitor Your Account Activity
Checking your account activity frequently can help to detect fraud earlier. You can receive information quickly about activity in your accounts when you set up Alerts under the “Other Services” tab in NBT Online Banker.
NBT Bank will also monitor your debit card for suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Use Strong Passwords
- Avoid the use of personal information like zip code, city of birth or a pet’s name.
- Choose passwords that aren’t easy to guess.
- Never share them or write them down.
- Choose a different password for each account. For example, using the same password on bank accounts and social media may increase risk of identity theft or fraud.
- Create passwords according to the website requirements.
- Check any website address bar before you sign in. Always look at the address bar to make sure you are at the NBT Bank site.
- Ensure proper security settings are in place like up-to-date antivirus software as well as updated applications and operating systems.
- Be cautious about downloading applications. Only install applications that come from trusted, well-known sites.
- Understand the risks of using public or free Wi-Fi and sending information over unprotected connections.
- Turn on the browser’s pop-up blocker.
- Avoid accessing financial accounts from multiple computers or devices.
- Never proceed with processing an online shopping transaction if a certificate error is received. If multiple errors occur and the transaction can’t be completed, consider calling the company or finding another company that offers the same product.
- Don’t select “remember passwords”. If this is chosen, anyone with access to your computer can sign-in as you.
- Don’t allow websites to keep credit or debit card information.
Protect Yourself on Social Media
Always think before you post on social media sites.
- Resist the temptation to post out-of-town plans, “check in” at physical locations or post vacation photos while you are away from home.
- Set privacy settings to allow only friends to see content.
- Only accept requests from actual friends.
How You Can Protect Yourself
Keep your personal and financial information safe and secure when using Mobile Banking by following the tips below.
- Create nicknames for your accounts. Assigning nicknames to each of your accounts will help ensure that your account number isn’t visible to those around you when accessing your account from your phone. It will also ensure that your account numbers or other sensitive information aren’t sent via SMS or text messaging.
- Delete Mobile Banking text messages after viewing. After you have received and reviewed the account information you requested via text message, delete the message to ensure the information is not found by others if your phone is lost, stolen or even shared with friends.
- Log Out after each Mobile Banking session. Before exiting or navigating away from Mobile Banking on your mobile device, be sure to take the extra precaution of logging out of your banking session to ensure your account information is not easily accessed if your phone is compromised.
- Set up account alerts within Online Banker. Easily monitor your account balances with personalized alert notifications to help you quickly and easily detect fraudulent activity if it occurs.
- Visit NBT Bank’s Fraud Information Center often. Stay updated on mobile security issues and ways to keep your personal information safe by visiting the NBT Bank Security Center on a regular basis.