How to Login Key Bank online banking login can be completed in the bank’s webpage. if the login area located in the left upper side of the page and enter you User ID and Password then click on “Sign On”(image below). If you are a […]
In order to conduct a wire or transfer money domestically or internationally the sender/receiver will be required to have a Key Bank routing number. How to Wire Money The best way Key Bank recommends to transfer funds is to go to your nearest branch location with the following information: Domestic Wire – Up to 24 […]
Key Bank – founded in 1825, is one of the strongest financial service companies in the United States. It is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. It counts with more than 1000 branches spread over 14 states, from Maine to Alaska.
- Find Branch Locations and Hours
- Website – www.key.com
- Customer Service Telephone – 1(800) 539-2968
- Routing Number – 041001039 (Ohio)
- Swift Number – KEYBUS33
About Key Bank
Privacy & Security
State-of-the-art security to help protect our clients.
We take the security of your data and information seriously. That’s why we use sophisticated tools, technology and training to keep the information you entrust with us safe, protected and secure.
Current Security Alert
Scammers are calling and using fake caller ID information to trick you into thinking they are from a trusted entity – like your bank or a government agency. The practice is known as Caller ID spoofing, and scammers are using this technique in an attempt to gain access to your personal data and finances.
What to Know
- Callers may claim to be from a familiar and/or trusted entity with some type of alert of recent suspicious account activity, transaction, etc. that they need to confirm with you.
- During the call, the individual will eventually ask you to provide a numeric security code that was sent to your phone or email address, and/or ask you to answer one or more of your online banking security questions. This should immediately raise a red flag!
- These callers are NOT from Key Bank and should not be trusted. When Key Bank legitimately calls you, we will not ask you to provide a security code you received or for answers to any security questions you have established in your online banking.
What to Do
- If you receive a call from your bank or another entity that you may do business with, and you feel any reservation about the interaction, immediately hang up and call that entity directly to report the call (use a trusted phone number; do not use the number on the caller ID screen).
- If you receive a suspicious call like this, begin to review your banking accounts daily.
- If you discover a fraudulent transaction on your KeyBank account, immediately contact the KEY2YOU call center at 800-539-2968.
This material is presented for informational purposes only and should not be construed as individual advice. Key Bank does not provide legal advice.
How We Protect Your Information
We pride ourselves on helping you build financial wellness – and as part of that effort, we work to keep your accounts are kept safe and secure, whether you’re accessing them online, through an ATM, mobile device or in one of our branches. We do this with:
- Industry-leading cybersecurity tools, practices and technology
- Multifactor identification practices that protect clients’ identities
- Our Cyber Defense Center, that tracks the latest threats
- Our Fraud Prevention Services group, that monitors client accounts proactively for suspicious activity
If You Think You May Be a Victim of Identity Theft, Contact KeyBank Immediately
- To report confirmed fraud or identity theft on your Key Bank account, call 1-800-433-0124
- To report a lost or stolen Key Bank credit or debit card, call 1-800-539-9056. For clients using a TDD/TTY device, please call 1-800-539-8336.
If You Believe You’ve Received a Suspicious Email
- Forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org (do not change or retype the subject line)
- Do not open any attachments or click on any links
- If you opened attachments, or clicked on any links, call Online Banking Support at 1-800-539-1539